Newsome Home Health Care Careers
Be a Part of Our Professional Health Care Team
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
Newsome Home Health Care Career
Responsible for providing Physical Therapy Treatment in an effort toward preventing disability, relieving pain, developing, improving, and/or restoring muscle function and maintaining maximum performance within patient’s capabilities. These services must be given under the supervision of a qualified Physical Therapist.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Licensed as a Physical Therapist Assistant by the State of Illinois and has graduated from a two-year college level program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association or the Council of Medical Education and Hospitals of the AMA and a minimum of two years experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant
- Performs all Physical Therapy procedures as prescribed by the physician in a patient’s place of residence when authorized, instructed, and supervised by a qualified Physical Therapist.
- Consults frequently with the Physical Therapist responsible for the patients and has the ability to read, and interpret, instructions as given by the Physical Therapist.
- Maintains clinical and progress notes, and Patient care plans and submits them for the patient’s permanent records no less often than once a week. All records submitted by the Physical Therapist Assistant should be reviewed by the qualified Physical Therapist in charge of the patients.
- Assesses and identifies needs of the patient and participates in care coordination with the Physical Therapist, reporting all identified needs and abnormal signs/symptoms
- Able to effectively communicate, perform, and prioritize functions or tasks
- Able to stand, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, and reach freely
- Maintains updated CPR certification, TB testing, and all other required documentation
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
We are always accepting applications for the following clinical positions:
Home Health Aides/CNA
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Medical Social Workers
Occupational Therapist Assistants
Physical Therapist Assistants
For more information contact Kristen Crement at 815-744-4770 ext. 201 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
920 Essington Road
Joliet, IL 60435
Monday - Friday
8:00am to 5:00pm