Newsome Home Health Care Careers
Be a Part of Our Professional Health Care Team
Home Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Newsome Home Health Care Career
The Home Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), under supervision of a registered nurse, provides quality care to patients and performs technical skilled care in patient’s home in compliance with nursing standards, federal, state, local government regulations and company clinical policies.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- Responsible for providing nursing care through all phases of care taking into consideration age and developmental needs.
- Collaborate and support plan of care as determined by the physician and healthcare team; treat patients accordingly as approved by the physician.
- Performs periodic re-evaluation of the patient as necessary and makes adjustments in the patient’s treatment program.
- Provide treatment to patients per protocols, utilize OASIS assessment and documentation.
- Perform on-going periodic system assessment and data collection in a systematic manner, focusing on: psychological, psychosocial, cultural spiritual and cognitive status; nutrition; pain; patient/family education; family involvement and patient advocacy; patient and patient’s equipment needs
- Facilitates timely discharge based on goals and in accordance with client policies and procedures
- Educates and instructs the patient, patient’s family and other staff as required.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Supervises and teaches LVN’s, HHA’s as required for patient care according to law and regulations.
- Provides nursing care through all phases of care with consideration of age and developmental needs.
- Documents all care, intervention and care coordination per law, regulation and agency policy.
- Notifies patient’s physician and responsible staff of significant changes in a timely manner.
- Coordinates all services provided; consults with other health professionals as needed.
- Effectively plans, organizes, sets priorities and completes work assignments with minimum direct supervision per agency policies; within established time frames.
- Assists Newsome Home Health Care in determining skill and specialties.
- Accepts only assignments for which qualified.
- Verbalizes knowledge and purpose of patient rights and responsibilities.
- Complies within institutions policies and procedures.
- Communicates with Newsome Home Health Care regarding problems and concerns.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Licensing: Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse with active licenses in Illinois
- Training and experience: Unless otherwise indicated, one year of current experience within the last three years in a comparable job classification required.
- Maintenance of current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for HealthCare Workers or Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification for HealthCare workers.
- Educated on and compliant with HIPAA regulations; maintains strict confidentiality of client information.
- Complies with Infection Control, Standard Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment (e.g., face mask, goggles, latex/non-latex gloves) as needed.
- Ability to work effectively within role independently and with other team members.
- Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to understand medical/surgical terminology.
- Health Requirements- In good health and able to work without restrictions as evidenced by Health Statement.
- Compliance with Newsome Home Health Care’s pre-assignment and medical requirements including: current TB screen, or Chest X-ray and questionnaire if proof of positive TB screen; Measles/Mumps/Rubella immunizations or titers indicating immunity; Hepatitis B Information or Waiver; and any additional state or facility medical requirements.
- Physical Demands-Stooping, turning, bending, squatting, kneeling and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds; constant/repetitive standing; requires normal, correctable vision and hearing, and the ability to accurately discern color as necessary to perform job functions.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
We are always accepting applications for the following clinical positions:
Home Health Aides/CNA
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Medical Social Workers
Occupational Therapist Assistants
Physical Therapist Assistants
For more information contact Kristen Crement at 815-744-4770 ext. 201 or e mail email@example.com
920 Essington Road
Joliet, IL 60435
Monday - Friday
8:00am to 5:00pm