Newsome Home Health Care Medication Management Protocol
Newsome’s In Home Health Care Adheres to Medication Management Protocols to Help Minimize the Impact of the Patient’s Condition
Newsome Home Health Pneumonia Goals of Care
- Improve patient compliance with taking of medication as prescribed
- Decrease potential Adverse Drug Effects by routinely performing medication reconciliation
- Keeping list of prescribed medications up to date, both prescribed medication and over-the-counter (OTC) medications (including vitamins and supplements)
The patient and caregiver will be instructed on the following medication management:
- Prescribed medications from hospital, SNF, or other facility
- Keeping an up-to-date medication list.
- Speaking up if they feel a mistake has been made
- Informing agency staff when a change has been made to prescribed medications
Newsome Staff are instructed on the following medication management protocols:
- Obtaining best possible medication history (BPMH) on start of care
- Verifying medications from multiple sources when possible
- Performing medication reconciliation at every visit, regardless of discipline.
- Communicating with the treating nurse if a change has been made to a patient’s medication
- Reporting medication errors promptly
- Tracking potential drug interactions, and when needed, coordinating with the patient’s physician to correct them
- Present to patient with community options to promote compliance
Key Assessment Points for medication management for Patients:
- Review of medication list from recent facility reviewed with patient on SOC
- Ongoing medication reconciliation on every visit
- Coordination of prescribed medication with patient’s physicians.
Let Us Help
If you or a loved one has pneumonia and needs professional in-home health care, contact us today to get a complimentary in-home assessment.
Why Choose Newsome Home Health Care?
We are Medicare and JCAHO Certified
We have an experienced team of professionals
We regularly update the referring physician on the patient‛s progress
We offer a full range of services:
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapies
- Home Health Care Aides
- Medical Social Services
Monday to Friday
8:00am to 5:00pm
We also have an emergency line for our clients that can be called 24 hours a day 7 days a week